An oral vacuum retractor designed to be positioned entirely within the oral cavity and including a frame shaped to fit the mouth. The frame includes an outer portion in the form of two U-shaped members joined together at the ends of their arms and having a sufficient degree of elasticity at the point of connection to enable the retractor to be manually inserted into and withdrawn from the mouth.
A surgical retractor is to be mainly used for dissection of the internal mammary artery. It is fixed to the side of the operating bed by a clamp which can be moved over the rail for the desired place. It's pole will be at either side that internal mammary artery is intended to be dissected, side arm of the pole will be over the patient and holding the crank mechanism, by placing the hooks of .
U.S. Pat. No. 4,932,395, (Mehdizadeh) discloses a hemi-laminectomy retractor attachment device, adapted for use with prior art retractors, including two hook-shaped members that are joined together by a length of strong flexible cord.
US20090192360A1 US12/361,460 US36146009A US2009192360A1 US 20090192360 A1 US20090192360 A1 US 20090192360A1 US 36146009 A US36146009 A US 36146009A US 2009192360 A1 US2009192360 A1 US 2009192360A1 Authority US United States Prior art keywords tissue clamping head retractor segments Prior art date 2008-01-28 Legal status (The legal status is …
Illuminated surgical retractors include at least one retractor blade and a light delivery system. In some embodiments of the invention, the light delivery system includes a light emitter in the form of an elongated light emitting blade portion extending along the length of the retractor blade. The light emitter may be coupled to a light source integral with the retractor for illuminating all .
High-risk factors. During any surgical or nonsurgical intervention related to the oral cavity, it is very crucial to identify risk factors linked with accidental aspiration/ingestion of foreign bodies and thus to avoid the potential life-threatening emergencies.[4,7,10] In a healthy state, the larynx acts as a protective sphincter at three different levels at the inlet of the air passage .
ONETRAC LXD Single-Use Cordless Multi-LED Lighted Dual-Blade Retractor with Integrated Smoke Evacuation. ONETRAC single-use retractor with integrated LED light source is truly extraordinary. The shape, the sterility, the light, and the price. They are brighter and more focused than anything I own.
The retractor may also be used as a speculum. This application presents minimally-obstructive and structurally-adjustable retractors for vaginal repairs, which afford an open work area of desirable size and enhanced visualization for a surgeon about the perineum and the posterior vaginal wall of the patient.
· To present a surgical technique for the treatment of intradural extramedullary (IDEM) tumors by using endoscopically controlled surgery with open hemilaminectomy technique. In this study, 20 patients with 22 IDEM tumors were enrolled. An endoscopically controlled surgery with open hemilaminectomy was employed to remove the tumors. Data related to clinical symptoms and medical …
The gastrocnemius (gastroc) and the soleus are two muscles that make up the calf. The gastroc is the larger and more superficial of the two muscles. The soleus is a deeper muscle within the lower leg. The gastroc tendon combines with the soleus tendon to form the Achilles tendon. Tightness in the calf can limit how far the ankle can flex up.
The present invention relates to a retraction system for laparoscopic surgery. According to one embodiment of the present invention, the retraction system includes: a retraction part for holding an object or tissue to be retracted; a retraction fiber control part for retracting the retraction part at the area to be retracted by means of a retraction fiber to fix the retraction part; and an .
Sterilization Products Micro Trays Plastic Trays Flash Trays Metal Trays Lap Trays Accessories Instructions for Use Detailed Cleaning and Sterilization Instructions - Click Here Includes maintenance procedures, diagnoses of staining, minimum exposure times,.
· Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years, from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our surgical technologies and solutions include sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats along .
· Simple, versatile instruments which need to be held and manipulated by an assistant. They have three main parts: a handle which goes in the assistant’s hand, a blade which goes into the patient and a shaft in-between (Figure 5). The blades come in many different shapes, including hooks, teeth, right angles and curves.
A first cord 568 has one end attached to the retractor mount 506B. The first cord passes around the pulley 560 and through a bore 572 in the retractor mount 506B. The other end of the first cord is attached to the retractor mount 508B. A second cord 570 has one end attached to the retractor …
Spinal cord stimulation is one of the oldest and most established neuromodulation therapies. However, today, clinicians need to choose between bulky paddle-type devices, requiring invasive surgery under general anesthetic, and percutaneous lead–type devices, which can be implanted via simple needle puncture under local anesthetic but offer clinical drawbacks when compared with paddle devices.
f) The surgeon can work with a flexible nitinol band (Superflex Soft Tissue Retractor by Fehling Instruments, Germany) to open up the MV and precisely inspect the subvalvular apparatus and place .
· A vacuum-extractor device has also been reported for this procedure , allowing the extraction of giant left atrial myxomas. The components for this device are the top of a plastic bottle of fluid serum (of 3-5 cm in diameter) connected to a flexible tube with a suction device.
· An expandable retractor system (MaXcess®, NuVasive®, San Diego, CA) was then inserted and secured with a flexible table-mounted arm assembly. Once the retractor was placed and adequate exposure was obtained, the goals of the operation were …